The proper functioning of the human body depends upon its metabolism. If the metabolic rate of the body is high, a person is expected to be more energetic. High metabolism also helps in boosting the number of calories being burnt each day. The weight lost by you will be more, if you burn more calories. The rate of metabolic activities can only be enthused by eating healthy food. A healthy food allows you to keep yourself away from the extra fat you consume and at the same time makes you enjoy the rich taste of it.
The following health chart will guide you to a health program to help you keep fit:
- Water: Water is the most essential component that can be added in your weight loss list to aid in the process. Water contains no calories, thus it will not cause any harm to your body. Many people control their diets through an excessive intake of water. This helps them to keep their stomach full without eating much fatty food, which they otherwise would. Water keeps the body hydrated. More hydration speeds up the process of metabolism. With an improved metabolic rate, the calories are burnt faster. It also helps in proper circulation of blood in the body, resulting in the elimination of the toxic materials present. Water mixed with a few drops of lime, is a better alternative for the carbonated drinks preferred by most people. You should drink cold water instead of hot. Cold water requires more number of calories to be burnt to reach the temperature of the body, thus helping you to loose your weight.
- Fruits and green vegetables: Fresh fruits are a healthy alternate for the tempting unhealthy food. Fruits contain a lesser amount of calories and are rich in fibers. Thus, they keep a person satisfied for a longer duration allowing him not to indulge in the junk food. A person, who has a yearning for sweets, can please himself with sweet fruits instead. Green vegetables also contain a large quantity of proteins and other necessary fibers that increases the rate of metabolism in the body, thereby making weight loss easier and effective.
- Steamed food: Steamed food is a far better choice as compared to the oily products. Oily food contains fat and is deficient of rich minerals, whereas the steamed food or the boiled food does not allow the necessary minerals to be removed from it. The presence of important ingredients in the steamed food makes it a healthier and a tastier option.
- Suppress the need for alcohol: Alcohol contains a bulk of sugars that can hinder your weight loss program. You should try to restrain yourself from the consumption of alcohol. If you still can’t resist than choose the red wine instead of the beer. Red wine is made from grapes without removing their skin and thus contains lesser sugar as compared to beer that is prepared after removing the skin of the grapes and is thus rich in carbohydrates. If you go in for the red wine you are less likely to increase your sugar as well as calorie intake.
- Eat small but frequent meals: Most people assume that the best option for losing weight is by omitting the meals. This is not true. If you skip a meal, you will indulge yourself in overeating in the second part of the day. This is extremely harmful for the body. It weakens the rate of metabolism. You should consume small meals after every 3-4 hours, to help the body function properly. This will also avoid stuffing yourself in one go, which is not a healthy practice.